Monday 11 September 2017

STORY #6 THE BIGGEST DECISION IN MY LIFE

Dear readers,

I've been working as a teacher for almost two months now. I don't like this career. I was once, passionate enough with teaching stuff. I thought I was good enough to change people's perception in education. I was wrong. I could do nothing. I am a follower. I'm not a leader. It's still the same when once,I was the vice secretary and the vice president for a few days before I decided to quit. Why? Because I hate being a leader when I could not make changes. I hate being a leader when I could not stand for my right as a human.

Being a leader is exhausted but being a follower is much more pathetic than I've imagined. How can you live your life when the only thing you could is following the orders that you disagree the most.
Why on earth should I've become a teacher when my job is not focusing on teaching and educating people? Education. Started from home. From the closest people.Our parents, neighbors, childhood friends, teachers, classmate, and school mates.

I know that I will struggle very hard in this career. You are dealing with human being. What do you expect. You, alone dealing with 49 different attitudes, names and everything at the same time. The hardest part in life is when you make mistakes. Of course. You're human beings. You make mistakes. almost all the time. Again and again and again.

Burden with my life as a teacher, I decided to pursue my Master which is still in consideration because I have no saving for my further education. By hook or by crook, I need to live my life. I've made a decision. My target in education field (read as primary school) will last in 10 years more. Then, I'm done.

Parents, I know that most of you handed your responsibilities to us to teach your children. At least teach them how to speak and write in basic languages. Bahasa Malaysia and English language.

Kiddos, teachers, they are not your parents. They have limit in everything. Be nice. Be polite. They will treat you well.

Teachers, I know some of you are keen for changes in education. I wish that I could be sort of leader in this field to help myself and to help all of you but I could not. I'm sorry. I'm still working out how to work happily at school.  How to find back my sincerity.

#togetherwearestrong

No comments:

Post a Comment